- Students are responsible for researching which detection methods, cameras, sensors, etc. will be best suited for the robot.
- Students work closely with electrical sub-team when making research decisions.
- Helps set up the outline for what will be coded and how it will be implemented.
- Students are responsible for implementing the code that was created
- Testing is done prior to competition and includes checking the robot's functionality
- Students must ensure that every system works and no bugs are in the way
- Students write, edit, and debug code according to what mechanical systems are created and the remote used to control the robot
- Program is created to allow the robot to function autonomously or by use of a camera (This may change based on game for the year)
- Main software system used: Java
Communicating With Drivers
- Communication with drivers is highly important in order to ensure that the robot works smoothly and properly
- Includes talking to drivers, testing, fixing, and retesting
- Important both before and during competition